Sunday, October 11, 2015

Heartache

October 12, 2015

Pain shoots through my back. Again.
A backpacking incident a year ago.
I've hurt ever since.
I've grown used to the dull ache;
it's always in my subconscious, though too often
Some movement brings it to the forefront of my sensory receptors.
I'm used to it being constant, like an old friend.
And because of this, I know why they call it heartache.

A passionate incident four months ago.
I've hurt ever since.
I've grown used to the dull ache;
you're always there in my subconscious, though far too often
some word or song or smell or color brings you to the forefront of my mind
and there you stay for far too long.

Pain shoots through my heart. Again.
I'm used to it being constant
though I never want to call you a friend
I'd rather have the heartache.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Falling - from 2019 (meeting him)

Something made of stardust Cannot fully please For it is so unearthly You may not agree with what it sees Your (fragile) human mindset Has m...