Sunday, August 2, 2020

August 2, 2020

I thought I was a heartstring 
waiting to be plucked
I let myself carry melodies that were not of my design
I courted each musician, attracting them to my instrument
so of course, I got played
I didn't know what I  needed, I didn't know 
that real love was not finding another to craft his song with my soul
though innocent as my desires were

So when I heard another heart playing his own song
I tried my hand and set my own heart to tune

Love is not the binding of master to his craft
is is the instrument learning to play itself
it is the writing of your own masterpiece
joined by another original soul in harmony
both dancing all the while



No comments:

Post a Comment

Falling - from 2019 (meeting him)

Something made of stardust Cannot fully please For it is so unearthly You may not agree with what it sees Your (fragile) human mindset Has m...